Friday, July 28, 2006

Uncle George


My Uncle George from Planet Houston passed away this Wednesday after battling Cancer for a while. He was a great uncle to me, and always the nicest man. I would always brag about my uncle George who worked on the Space Shuttles for NASA. He was influential in me being interested in space and space travel. I took Astronomy in High School and College, and would still talk about my Uncle George to whoever would listen. His work at NASA on all the space shuttle missions will be missed.

Every time I look up into space or see the space shuttle I think of my Uncle George. An avid movie fan who bought all the new releases on every Tuesday. That's dedication. I looked up to my Uncle George and will never forget all the space photos he would send me from Planet Houston as a kid. And let us not forget he was also a huge Rockets fan! George may have never got to actually ride into space, but I bet he's up there right now talking to the baby from 2001: A Space Odyssey, and lighting one up even though there is no oxygen in space.... I'll always remember my Rocketman, Uncle George when I look up to the stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Erik!

Love You Cuz.