Friday, September 01, 2006

Superman Returns in IMAX 3-D


Just a quick note that I went back to see Superman Returns in Chicago at the 3-D IMAX on Navy Pier. I went in wanting not to like it and was ready to pick it apart. So many people hated it, i thought maybe I missed something. And guess what, I liked it again. I even liked it better the second time. I think you either roll with this flick or not. I know its not the down and dirty Superman people wanted, but the message of the film is still very pure. It's not the popcorn movie wanted, it's a very character oriented film about a dude that flies. The 3-D was awesome. I can see a day coming real soon, where this format totally replaces traditional 2-D films. Its coming. And it may be a good thing economically for theater owners wanting to combat DVD's, and HD sets. It may bring the theater experience back for generations to come. And that's a good thing. It seems like every time I go to the movies now, when I step out of the theater I am wondering why am I not here more often?


Speaking of good movies, I also saw Little Miss Sunshine a few weeks back. I thought it was really good solid movie. I thought it felt very real in terms of how families really are. The ending was kinda blah for me, but that was a minor misstep in an otherwise funny movie about so called dis-functional families.

No comments: