Tuesday, June 26, 2007

REVIEW: The Police Concert



Amy and I went to see The Police tonight at the AAC in Big D. Pretty good show. Refreshing to see 3 guys jamming with nothing but talent and real instruments. Andy Summers was really good as was Stuart Copeland. Sting was also very good. The set list was not so bad, I wished they had played some more of their early faster punkish stuff. The hits were all good, but it was all quite predictable and sing-a-longish. they did change up some of the hits here and there, but not enough to get upset about. I actually kind of enjoy the new takes on the older songs. I was really wanting to hear Canary in a Coal Mine, but alas they did not...



The crowd was mostly 30's to 50's and ready to retire at 10:30pm. Friend Lykins from Chicago informed earlier in the week that Andy Summers is 64! Man, time flies.... I tried to record a bit of video of the show on the old cell video camera. It didn't turn out so good of course, but it's something of a memory. Also got Sting's autograph!!! More on that later. That's all I have to say to you.

No comments: