Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Stop Violence

I don't often discuss my day job as a producer/editor, because quite frankly a lot of the stuff I do is related to a certain industry and even though it airs on TV it's not always the coolest thing in the world. But in this case I thought this was worth showing off. I produced a series of spots for movie theaters in and around the DFW area. (They are the annoying things you have to sit through before the movie starts.) The spots are for Safe City to help stop gang and gun violence around the city. They are only 15 seconds long, and are playing at a theater near you all summer long.

I'm quite fond of these, because of the message they convey and the simplicity of the message is direct and to the point. So much so that the Rave theaters refused to show them because they were too intense and dark. That little conflict was resolved thankfully by cooler heads. All the kids in these spots are no longer with us or disabled because of gangs and gun violence. There are 4 spots and one longer video used for the web...





No comments: