Thursday, September 18, 2008

Enter the Jeeja !!!!!!



The days of a movie really blowing my mind don't happen much anymore. It's rare. I was doing some research on a a new Kung-Fu top ten fights blog entry and I was looking into what the status of Tony Jaa's new film Ong Bak 2 was when I saw that director Prachya Pinkaew had a rift with Jaa and went out and made a new movie with a female martial artist Nicharee “Jeeja” Vismistananda called "Chocolate". (For the sake of my fingers typing we will refer to her as Jeeja... ) So I found a copy of it, and holy smokes, Jeeja is for real! SHE BLEW MY FRIGGIN MIND!

The fight scenes are nothing short of breathtaking. The stunts and fighting are things we can't do here in the States folks. People get hurt for real. When they get kicked in the head with a block of ice and fall off of a building they really get kicked in the head with a block of ice and fall off of a building. For real. The version I saw had no subs, so I ordered a new one from HKFLIX and it should be here in time for Kung-Fu Night next week in the Clappatorium. I can't say the rest of the movie is as good as the fighting, but it does not really matter. Check out this trailer for Chocolate. Jeeja is my new love...



1 comment:

CoolDaddyColeman said...

Holy Crap !!! Thats awesomeness