Sunday, September 11, 2005

DVD Review: Incident at Loch Ness


Well I am on the mend and getting back on my feet. Amy and I went to Ft. Worth's gallery night last night. I guess we went too early, cause the highlight of the trip was hot dog and a custard at Curleys on Camp Bowie. In the meantime, I got up early and popped this DVD in.... This was a lot of fun. Hollywood screenwriter Zak Penn directed this mocumentary about legendary director Werner Herzog making a documentary about the Loch Ness Monster. Zak plays himself along with other crew members in the mocumentary. This is a hilarious take on Herzog and making a documentary. Herzog really makes fun of himself here, much like Larry David does on Curb Your enthusiasm. The documentary is going along fine until Herzog begins to clash with Penn and his Hollywood crew. Penn wants to make one movie while Herzog pines to make another. Things all come to a head (no pun intended) when Nellie actually shows up and eats some members of the crew. Herzog keeps shooting until the boat goes down much like in his own "Fitzcarraldo". A great send up and I would highly recommend this to fans of mocumentaries and fans of Herzog.

No comments: