Monday, October 03, 2005

Chinese Gran and the Weekend Rap


picture(8).jpg
Originally uploaded by genzod.


Hello Gran! Went out to eat with the Fowler Clan on Saturday night, and I was grilled for not being more personal on my blog by Amy's grandmother. So I immediately took action. The below photos are of Amy's niece and nephew, Jessica and Jonathan. Jessica had her 1st birthday party on Sunday. The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Friday night was fun. Amy, her Mom, and I drove out to the Brazos drive-in out in Granbury and sat thru a double feature of Batman Begins and The 40-Year Old Virgin. Both movies I have reviewed on this blog b4, so I won't do it again, other then to say Batman still cuts some major mustard for me. Great film, and I got geekbumps at the end again. I'm such a geek for superheroes. The drive -in was great. The weather was perfect, although Amy and her Mom got a little cold towards the end there.

Saturday we got up early and met our ex-coworker Colin up at the American Airlines Arena to be first in line for Mavs tix. (We are so poor right now) Had a good time at the birthday party on Sunday and shot a lot of footage in 24P mode on the Pana100A DV Cam. I made a dvd of it when I got home that will make a great X-mas gift... Amy's dad spooled up the Super 8 projector and treated us to some 70's footage of Amy and her bros from back in the day. I'm going to transfer them to dvd when I can get a hole in my sked. I did that last year for family for X-mas, and it was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.

My co-hort Jason and I have a big presentation tomorrow morning which I can't talk about yet, because I don't want to jinx it. But let's just say if I get this gig I will be the happiest person alive. And it could be the start of something even bigger. Wish us luck! Rest of the evening Amy helped me prepare for the meeting. Still got a bunch of stuff to do tonight, so I'm not out of the woods yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Bans Show China's Concerns About Tech
Two new Internet bans may offer insight into the Chinese government's biggest fears.
Hey, you have an awesome blog here! Keep it up. I have a sterling silver jewelry site. It pretty much covers sterling silver jewelry related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)