Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Re-Review: Land of the Dead: Director's Cut


After a long trip back from my cousin Michael's wedding in Houston over the weekend, I realized that I had bought tix to a special screening of Romero's Land of the Dead uncut in Dallas a day before the official DVD release today. Amy and her mom joined me in my quest for gore last night. And I must say I thought the Director's Cut was a little better than the original cut. Not so much for the gore, but for a few scenes that were new that added a little character motivation to the mix. And I must say I like the film better the second time around. The first time around my expectations for this film were 20 years in the making and there was no way it could live up to what I was wanting. Now that a few months have passed and I could just settle down and watch it as a movie I had a fun time with it. Amy spent most of the movie closing her eyes and hiding under my armpit. All in all its a great horror movie in the Dead Quadrilogy. Before the film was a 30 minute interview with George Romero about the idea behind all the Dead films and his plans to continue the series beyond Land. Count me in!

Oh also today of note on DVD are all remastered versions of the previous Batman movies from the 80s and 90s. And also the best film of the year so far, Batman Begins drops in 2 separate versions. Guess I'll be hitting the stores at lunch! Zombies and Batman. What more could you want from the week? I'll be back tomorrow with a review of Shopgirl, the new Steve Martin flick.

Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogging on BlogOn, and at BlogOn
I am writing on BlogOn 2005 over at the AllBusiness PR Blog this week, and will be updating the posts here.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a the system that can turn dreams into reality site/blog. It pretty much covers the system that can turn dreams into reality related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott :-)