Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Whatever Happened to Eric Red?


One of my favorite horror films of all time was this little 80's movie called Near Dark. I must have seen it 15 times at the movies over at the old Western Hills dollar theater. The writer of that film was this guy Eric Red. He also wrote the original Hitcher film and Blue Steel with Jamie Lee Curtis. He even moved into directing a few films. He's got a new film coming out in October and I was wondering why I haven't heard his name in the past 10 years or so. Today I found out and it's a fascinating story that appeared in LA Weekly last year. You have to kind of read through the story to get all the details, but in a nutshell he ran over and killed 2 people in his car then exited the car and tried to kill himself with some broken glass on the floor of the bar he crashed into. It is a bit long of an article, but really interesting nonetheless. You can read it HERE.

No comments: