Monday, July 27, 2009

North Texas Fresh Episode 1: Tryouts

North Texas Fresh Episode 1: Tryouts from Immotion Studios on Vimeo.



This summer my company, Immotion Studios had the opportunity to meet with Jay Bowdy, the CEO of a new ABA basketball team in this area called The North Texas Fresh. They start their season in Fort Worth later this year. Right now they are just trying to get a team together by looking at local talent. I had several conversations with Jay about doing a documentary at some point, so on my vacation, I went out as a one man band with the HDCam and some mics, and filmed for most of the day at one of their tryouts. I'm not totally sure where this is all headed yet, but it was certainly a lot of fun melding my two loves of filmmaking and basketball. My ultimate goal is to do a documentary on a few players that might find there way to the NBA. If you know much about basketball, its a hard road to go from the minors to the majors. But many have done it, and I hope to capture the sweat and tears of those few players that do make it. So stayed tuned and we will see where this journey will take us...

No comments: