Friday, May 06, 2005

REVIEW: Star Wars:Episode III-Revenge of the Sith


Star Wars
Originally uploaded by genzod.

Well, I've seen it. I can't say how or can't say where, but I've seen it. And, I must admit it was not that bad. After being rather disapointed with the last entry, "Attack of the Clones", I was generally happy with Lucas' newest entry, "Revenge of the Sith". The first half is a bit of a continuation of Clones, then things get dark, and thankfully stay that way. The last hour of this film feels like a Star Wars movie of old. It feels dangerous and risky. I can't really talk about much, cause I don't want to give anything away. I made the mistake of knowing too much already. The last 30 minutes or so of the film is inspired Star Wars. It made me kind of sad that it took Lucas 2 and a half films to find the Star Wars tone, and now its all over... (at least until the new TV series comes out..)

I'm gonna keep it short and say check it out. Sure there are artifacts from the previous two that will make you cringe here and there, but they are kept to a minimum. The pacing is fast and rarely are you bored or stuck in "Lucasspeak" for too long of a time. And to sum up it's great to have Vader back!

No comments: