Friday, December 30, 2005

Howard's last "free" Show

Sad day. Today is the last time you can hear Howard Stern on free radio. I've been a loyal listener for about 15 years now. To me Howard's show is not about T & A like most people think its all about. Its the early moments in the show, the real parts, and the people on the show. Most other shows are all clones are too fake to me. This is the show that picked me up during long commutes to college. And no matter how bad my life or day was going, Howard was always there to give me a pick me up of offbeat, obscure, and bad taste humor. (The best kind) I have even contributed to the show by sending him early George Takei tapes to the show that they use daily. I will be ready for the Sirius move on Jan. 9th, but paying for the new TV show is a bit too much for my bank account right now.

A quick funny story about Howard before I go. One time I was driving to class for a test and I was seriously stressed out about it. He was doing a bit about something and at that point traffic had come to a halt on I-30. I think it was when Billy West was a semi-regular on the show and I was laughing so hard that I forgot I was in traffic or even going to take a test. I looked over to my left and there were angry traffic people everywhere all pissed and upset. Then a guy pulled up next to me and was laughing as hard as I was. Looking back on that, I think that's what Howard is all about. When times are tough it's great to laugh, and Howard does that better than anyone on the air. "Shu, Shu Retarded Flu." "Oh my"

No comments: