Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Chuck Norris in HD!



Last night I was cleaning off my DVR and I discovered that I had recorded Missing in Action off of HDNet. Why you ask is this significant? Well besides being an OK 80's Nam flick with Chuck Norris, it is something I had never seen before... Chuck Norris in High Definition. Let me start by saying that I am an old school Chuck fan. I'm talking about The Octagon, Missing in Action 1-3, Delta Force, Code of Silence. Not so much the TV Chuck with Walker, Texas Ranger and his bevy of TV movies.

Missing in Action is basically a riff on Rambo where the Chuckster, who plays Col. Braddock has been tormented mentally since his escape from a Nam prison camp a year ago. He decides to help out and go back to see if any other US soldiers are there. Along the way he kicks some ass, says some great one liners, like when we picks up the phone to explain his position on going in to find the missing GI's, "I'm going" End scene. Brilliant. Along the way the Chuckster has the opportunity to do it with the hot American government official assigned to his case, but decides otherwise. Why you ask, You see the Chuckster don't play. His time is not spent getting ass but kicking it. When the Chuckster said, "I'm going" he meant I'm not going to get ass, I'm going to kick it. After the Chuckster kills about half of Vietnam he finds the soldiers and brings them back to end on a freeze frame of Chuck dragging a poor POW not to get medical attention but to a televised press conference where the Vietnam government is denying any remaining POWS in Nam. See even when Chuck is at a press event he kicks ass mentally. So mental that they had to freeze the frame, before the credits rolled, to let you know how much ass he continually kicks. This is why they made an action figure of the man.



Now, if you want to have a Missing in Action film fest, remember that Missing in Action 2: The Beginning is actually a prequel. And that there are parts of Braddock: Missing in Action 3 that are before part 2, but is more or less a sequel to Part 1. So I would go with Part 2 first, then part 1, then part 3. And if you do this prepare yourself for glory my friends. After that I would suggest moving on to the American Ninja series 1-5, and call me cause I'll be over with refreshments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missing in Action I-III are great movies and I don't care what critics say. Though I've never seen it in HD yet... :(
And yes, I'm a big Chuck Norris fan who likes everything where Chuck is.