Tuesday, April 03, 2007

HELP get this movie at the Drive In!!!


The new Tarantino/Rodriguez epic, Grindhouse comes out this Friday, and I'm very keen on seeing it because it is a double feature that pays homage to the great drive in B-movies from the 70's that I loved back in the day. The first is Planet Terror from Robert Rodriguez and the second is Death Proof by Quentin Tarantino with fake trailers from Eli Roth and Rob Zombie between features.

As many of you know I am a big fan of the drive-in theater, The Brazos in Grandbury. It's an old fashioned family owned drive in that is a blast to go to if you ever get the chance. Anyway I contacted them about showing Grindhouse. Actually I begged them. The hitch is they don't normally show many R-rated films, its more geared towards family viewing outings, but I am asking them to make an exception. They said they would consider it, but I need every one's help that reads this blog. Please email the Millers who own The Brazos and tell them you want to see Grindhouse! They will not play it on opening day, but usually a few weeks down the road after its been out a few weeks. Please help me in my quest!!!

Here is the email for The Brazos:

brazosdriveinmail@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about a "short" called "Matt's Brain". Do you think that could be played on the big screen as well?

erik clapp said...

I don't know if they would show something that bold and imaginative.