Thursday, September 06, 2007

REVIEW: Live Free or Die Hard (aka Die Hard 4.0)


If I had a choice to live free or die hard during my time spent watching Live Free or Die Hard, i would prefer to die hard. Actually I saw the R-rated international version, Die Hard 4.0 as it's called outside America. I don't know how it may compare to the U.S. version, but I'm sure there can't be much to help this sad excuse for a Die hard flick. I mean come on, Die Hard is one of THE best action films EVER made bar none. I remember my friend in high school said that this movie Die Hard with that guy from Moonlighting is really good. I went in hating Moonlighting and Willis, and emerged a fan. (Of Willis at least) The second one was so-so, and the third was pushing the limits of believability, but this one is almost a parody of a Die Hard movie. I couldn't take it seriously. It was just so over the top action wise that it made me almost as mad as Zombie's Halloween. This is John John McClaine here, not Superman. McClaine was a guy who got stuck in a tight situation and was able to overcome his fears and pull of some crazy yet realistic tricks. Now he dodges flying cars, helicopters with fire hydrants, and can even and get ready for this take down an F-15 fighter jet with a semi truck. This is not our John McClaine. This is like a 13 year old telling you about Die Hard, but with a 13 year old's embellishment on the material. Live free and rent Die Hard 1.

No comments: