Thursday, October 16, 2008

Retrospectives: What's Next? Readers Choice...


Above is a still from the new Star Trek movie. I am very hyped, because I have not been into any Star Trek since the second season of Deep Space Nine and that was in the 90's I think. And the other day Star Trek III was on in HD and I got completely sucked into it.

I've done quite a few retrospectives on this blog about long running movie series. I love going back and watching a series of films that create a large universe. It's interesting to see how that filmic universe grows or shrinks with each respective entry in the series. So, here's the deal, I have several series that i want to do retrospectives on, but I can't decide which one to do next. I'll let you, my 4 readers decide. I also have another idea for an article that intrgues me that I will throw into this mix.

The other day while at Movie Trading Company, instead of looking through the bargain dvd's, I went through the VHS tapes instead looking for BASF gold. And I did indeed find some. I can't remember all of them, but one was Hell Comes to Frogtown and one I can't recall the title, but the cover had me rolling because it was about this guy who has to come home to Denton, TX to blow away some drug dealers that were making Denton a dirty town. (I have to go back and pick that up.) So my idea is to go in and pick out 5 bad VHS movies and I have to review them all here on the blog. My other retrospectives I want to do are:

Star Trek: The Movie series (original cast, no Next Generation)
Planet of the Apes
Highlander
The Exterminator (1 and 2) That will be fun!
or The Great VHS Hunt

I will try and put a poll somewhere on here that you can click what you would rather have me write...

No comments: